Welcome to the wonderful world of Living Libations!
Living Libations is an innovative e-commerce leader in organic skincare, holistic dental care, and wild crafted essential oils. We offer a fresh organizational structure, bustling business strategy and a modern company culture.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager is a full-time on-site position that is responsible for managing our warehouse, facility cleaning, and property maintenance teams. Scope of work may include project management boards, monitoring and maintaining scheduling, upholding warehouse safety + quality assurance, raw material receiving support, and overseeing employee performance management. The ideal candidate must independently problem-solve and have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing. You have a knack for anticipating problems before they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until they are resolved.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
● Collaborate with Health + Safety Specialist to oversee successful adaptation and change management for all Safety plans, checks, and requirements.
● Successfully manage our facility cleaning team, building maintenance team, and warehouse associates.
● Ensure all cleaning practices are optimally maintained. Update, adapt, and manage practices and schedules depending on seasons, special events, and manufacturing needs. Perform randomized ‘spot checks’.
● Oversee adherence to equipment maintenance schedules and facility inspection dates.
● Track staffing requirements, and assist the Director of Operations in recruitment initiatives, on-boarding and off-boarding protocols and annual performance reviews.
● Support the management of flow of goods by ensuring inventory and warehouse resources are appropriately balanced with demand.
● Management of decanting raw materials and safe material transportation to production and formulation teams in a timely manner.
● Oversee daily flow of material receiving, warehouse storage and organization, and quality assurance of materials.
● Ensure company Policies and Procedures and safety protocols are followed at all times.
● Develop and implement strategies to keep operations employees motivated and engaged. Implement Performance Improvement plans for employees requiring skill development or behavior modification plans.
● Support Operations Project Management task boards initiated by the Operations Director, Operations Admin Assistant, Systems Director.
● Attend inter-departmental and management meetings on behalf of Operations and System Directors as required. Share meeting outcomes with Operations Team as required.
● Coordinate with all HQ departments to implement new companywide strategies and employee cross-training efforts.
● Receive company requests for operations systems changes, assess needs and problem solve as required.
● Advise on documentation for the transportation of products via Freight (International and Domestic). As required.
● Offer hands-on participation in warehouse, maintenance, inventory, and operations support during busy times or when team requires assistance.
● A minimum of 5 years of operations management
● Proficiency in Logistics Software Database (WMS), ERP, Transport Management System (TMS) & Smart Border processing.
● CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) or CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance Specialist) a definite asset.
● Effective leader with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
● Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail
● Exceptional project, team, and task management experience.
● Experience in adhering to quality and project management systems.
● An understanding of inventory fulfillment strategies.
● Up to date on the latest government issued Health & Safety requirements including experience with WHIMIS and ladder safety.
● Direct experience with inventory management systems and reporting practices.
● Ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds.
● Preferred experienced with Unleashed Inventory Management software, Shopify eCommerce platform, ASANA or Monday.com work management programs.
This is a full time, permanent, on-site position. No relocation offered, must be able to commute. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.